Interviewing Skills Training
Course Name: Interviewing Skills
1 day minimum. This workshop can be run as an open course for a range of delegates or run as an in-house course using the organisation’s own policies and tools to address specific issues within the business. This may require the addition of course content and may affect the duration. Call 077483 72683 now so we can arrange for our supervisory management training specialist to call and discuss this with you. Alternatively, fill out our contacts form with your details and we will contact you as soon as we are able.
First line managers and anyone who has responsibilities for recruiting people into the business or has responsibilities for promoting from within.
- Delegates will be able to carry out the interview process with confidence
- Confident interviewers reflect on the professionalism of the business
- Businesses will be more likely to bring the right candidate into their organisation
- Finding the right candidate will reduce business disruption
- Getting recruitment ‘right first time’ will reduce recruitment costs
- Understanding descrimination rules will avoid costly litigation
- Understand what preparation is required before placing the advert
- Explain the stages of the recruitment process, from preparation to offer and support beyond
- Understand the legal considerations surrounding discrimination.
- Discuss first impressions and the impact that may have on the interview meeting
- Discuss the legal considerations, what are the pitfalls that must be avoided to avoid potential problems in the future
- Understand the structure of the interview meeting and how to ask the right questions
- Understand why listening is important and how can we improve our skills
- Discuss how to make the right choice from all the evidence you have collected
- Practice interviewing
- Discuss where testing fits into the process and how it can support the interview or final decision
- Explain assessment days, how to structure them and support them
Delegates will receive the HAND IN HAND® certificate of attendance.