Introduction to Leadership
Course Name: Introduction to Leadership
Newly appointed first line managers or existing line managers who may need formal training for future development
- Give delegates the introduction to leadership, outline the typical qualities of a good leader and how to progress on that journey.
- Increase your potential to take on more responsibility
- Hone your ability to delegate
- Make important decisions more easily without deferring to anyone else
- Manage your own and other people’s time more effectively
- Enjoy a more motivated workforce
- Understand what leadership is
- Understand what leadership is not
- Discuss the best & worst boss I ever had and what can we learn from that
- Understand the difference between a leader and a manager and discuss whether we can be both
- Understand what the qualities of a successful leader are
- Explanation of various leadership styles, what impact that has on the team why we should alter our style depending on the situation
- Understand how successful leaders behave
- Understand what your style is, what do you need to be mindful of
- Discuss various leadership models, what can we learn from them
- Understand delegation and why it is one of the most important skills you will develop
- Understand motivation, how to get the best from your team members.
All delegates will receive the HAND IN HAND® certificate of attendance.